Monday, June 26, 2006

AWOL

E and M are in Chennai. I'm still in Mamalapuram. I'm not supposed to be. I can't explain exactly why I'm still here, but it's possible that I'm having a minor freak-out. Very minor. Nothing to be concerned about. Maybe the final stages of cultural adjustment? Maybe wondering whether I really want to be a development economist? There are still a couple Westerners here that I know (the dutch guy, the documentary chick, some random French stoner) so I'm not exactly all alone. And plus I'm a beloved regular at two restaurants and one little shop (where I buy the necessities: water and toilet paper).

I'll go back to Chennai in the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Hang in there honey - call if you want to.

Blog Archive