Monday, September 04, 2006

10 hour date

So, yesterday I had my second date with McDreamy (I don't know why that's his nickname...I think it has something to do with "Sex and the City"...I just do what Rebel tells me to do, and she told me to call him that). Needless to say, it went well. First, we met at the same coffee shop on Haight Street where we had our first date. He brought along his roommate (K, a very cool, easy-to-get-along-with woman) and they taught me how to play a very fun card game (I know, bringing your roommate on a date sounds weird, but he cleared it with me first, and the game was more fun with three people, and she was really very cool, and of course she didn't spend the entire date with us). Afterwards we walked back to their apartment, where I found out some interesting things: McDreamy is a slob (but in his defense, his room wasn't nearly as bad as the infamous Frank Estates apartment...no rat turds on the floor), McDreamy is left-handed (his mouse was on the left side of the keyboard), and McDreamy is an excellent kisser/cuddler. Then we walked to a yummy burrito place on Haight (E and H, if you're reading...same one we went to right before H left for the Philippines), where he treated me to a belated birthday dinner. (Incidentally, the burrito I had was awsome. Black beans, saffron rice, cheese, and really good vegetables like broccoli, green beans, carrots, and zucchini...it was even yummy as a breakfast leftover.) Then he walked me back to my apartment (because I realized I'd forgotten to pay rent, and it was already the 3rd, which is the last day to pay before it's late), and while we walked we had an intelligent and interesting conversation about economics and pollution and the developing world's use of fossil fuels. At my apartment--after I paid my rent--he graciously let me kick his ass at Scrabble (although, I must say, for a relative novice, and considering that I ended up with way more of the good tiles than he did, he had an impressive performance). He also changed the burnt-out lightbulbs in my kitchen that I can't reach (he's 6'2", I think). I didn't even ask him to do it. He just offered. Anyway, the date started at 2 (well, 2:15...he's not so much with the punctuality, but I knew this from our first date, which I was also late to, and brought The Economist with me to read) and didn't end until midnight, hence the subject line.

So, it was only the second date, and we'll see how things go, but he's certainly a really good guy. Considerate, intelligent, funny, sweet, etc. He's quite nerdy, which is mostly a good thing, but if I were in charge of his life (which I'm not and never will be) I would definitely dress him differently. And he needs a haircut, but he agrees with me on that, and I can't really judge him because I need a haircut too. Anyway, it's just nice to have someone that I can take a nice walk with while holding hands and having an intelligent conversation. Of course, when B gets to SF tomorrow, she and I can do that. =)

Speaking of which, yay! B gets here tomorrow night! It's a short visit, but I'm so glad to get to see her before she goes back to Paris. Anyway, given that she's getting here soon, I absolutely MUST finish my data entry for BJ at IMED. I should have done it days ago, but I had that bout of tired blahness, and I just couldn't get myself motivated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's not Sex and the City - it's Grey's Anatomy... and I just realized - that's who has curly hair!!! Go google "McDreamy".

Anonymous said...

Which burrito place? Incidentally, this question may sound trivial -- and my insistence on asking it may be, at least in part, motivated by the fact that I've not eaten yet, and desperately miss the SF burrito -- but it really is of paramount importance, up there with whether your sun signs are compatible and whether he's a Beatles or Elvis person.

Blog Archive