Sunday, April 15, 2007

thesis done! yay!

I just emailed the "final" draft of my thesis to my advisor. It's not really a final draft, because he will probably recommend a few changes, as will people in Grad Seminar, but it's a complete and polished draft anyway. Well, okay, it's not even all that polished, it just looks that way because I write well. I guess the parts of it that I wrote a while ago, like the lit review and the data description, are pretty well polished.

The point is, it's done and turned in. I don't have to think about it for the next week while my advisor looks at it. Yay, yay, yay. I'm so happy.

On the other hand, I have a Macro problem set due on Tuesday that I haven't even started, a half-finished journal article presentation for Macro that I've been putting off for two weeks, Intro exams to finish grading (I could get away with pawning the rest of that off onto Dr. J, but I don't really want to do that), CA state taxes to file, and a job to look for. If I were a superstar I'd start the Macro problem set tonight, but I'm not a superstar, so I think it's going to get done in a marathon session tomorrow instead. But grading can be done while drinking, and drinking is what I feel like doing.

10 comments:

Nathan Austin said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!I guess now that it's in, you can't celebrate by going to Disneyland due to other obligations, quite yet. When I come visit, we can go relax and look at birds!!....Ok, I find it fun at least...

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

jenny--don't you live right by the birds now? not that there aren't birds everywhere...i mean the place where you specifically go look at them. what is it called? oaks something-or-other?

Anonymous said...

Félicitations!

Anonymous said...

Ok, I know this isn't the purpose of this blog, but I felt like informing any who bothered reading this with a response to Mj. DIFFERENT BIRDS LIVE IN DIFFERENT PLACES. Therefore, the birds I would see at Oaks Botteom wildlife refuge(now about 10 minutes from my house, along the Willamette) are different birds than at the Don Edwards wildife refuge I worked at in San Fran bay. So I admit it. I'm a bird snob, I like to see many kinds of birds. But is's true, birds are everywhere, including outside my window right now (cute finches building nests). (I know what you mean mj, I like looking at birds at Oaks bottom too) So be forewarned, Jenn, I plan to make you look at avocets, sandpipers, stilts, etc(none live in Portland), if I ever get down there.

Anonymous said...

Guess who jumped on the bandwagon:

http://rebel-workinprogress.blogspot.com/

jenn said...

jj- correcting other people and going off about the things that you're interested in, regardless of the level of interest of others, is the EXACT purpose of this blog. one of them, anyway.

rebel- yay! your link will be up shortly.

Anonymous said...

pursue depend piramal solemn passwords deceive strangely investigated west increase listens
lolikneri havaqatsu

Blog Archive