Thursday, November 22, 2007

(happy thanksgiving)

Well, I had a lovely Thanksgiving day with the fam here in Bakersfield. I saw the Rockettes in the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, we played Scrabble, we played badmiton (which I suck at, in case anyone was wondering), we watched football, we ate Chex mix, and my mother made four pies (if you're counting, that's one pie per person...she didn't want anyone to be disappointed by not getting exactly what they wanted).

And yet, I feel a bit blue. I'm a little stressed out about money (the holidays = unpaid time off), I still don't know what to do with my professional life (I love my job, but it isn't a career), and I miss DWE too much (by which I mean he's been gone as much as usual, if not less than usual, and for some reason it's harder than it used to be). I have some vague sense that the free time and the independence that I have when he's gone is really a blessing, but I'm struggling to figure out precisely what it is that I want to do with my time (other than watch Law and Order reruns, which I finally stopped doing a half an hour ago).

I suppose what I should do right now is go to bed, since my mother and I are going to make some attempt to hit the sales at Target tomorrow (but probably not until 9 a.m. or so...we don't do that whole nutty 4 a.m. thing). I just finished transfering all the music on my ipod to my new computer, which was a small but satisfying accomplishment (that wasn't really apropos of anything; I just thought I'd mention it because I am mildly pleased with myself).

(Is this post heavy on the parentheticals or what?)

4 comments:

marissa said...

which pie was yours? pumpkin is hands-down my favorite of all time.

jenn said...

my mom made pumpkin for herself, and i had key lime. i brought half of it back to the bay area for dwe, since key lime pie is his favorite.

Rebel said...

Aaaahhh... good old fashioned key lime pie... like the pioneers had. ;)



did you save *me* a piece??

Unknown said...

My grandma used to make two pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving. She'd serve one, hold the other back and send it with me back to school. :o) Great lady!

Jenn! Seriously, you need to get in touch with me. I've tried emailing and calling without success. Now I'm blogging... and I'm not even sure what blogging is! Email me! :o) And tell me who the heck DWE is, and other important things.

Blog Archive