Thursday, June 01, 2006

bakersfield

I arrived in Bakersfield yesterday evening, and I've belatedly come to appreciate the balmy, breezy weather that I left behind in San Francisco. It's not even all that hot here, at least compared to how it could be (or how it will be in India); I think it was only about 90 today.

My ma's puppy Emma, who is about 5 months old now, has grown significantly since I was last here. She is big enough to swim in the pool now, and although she's quite boisterous, she seems to already be a little more calm than our last dog, Hannah. Or maybe her rambunctiousness isn't as annoying yet because she's still pretty small. Anyway, I will post a picture as soon as I get one downloaded onto my mom's computer, because she's freakin' adorable.

I went to Target today to get some of the last things I need for India, including a flash drive, a thin towel, and yet more sunscreen. I now have 4 different kinds of sunscreen: some oil-free stuff for my face, some waterproof and sweatproof spray-on stuff, some waterproof and sweatproof gel (because I forgot I had the spray-on stuff and because I will probably need two bottles anyway), and a little sunscreen stick (looks like lip balm but quite a bit larger), which I will keep in my bag for reapplication. It is my intention to be particularly fanatical about sunscreen this summer, especially given all the cancer-related badness that's gone on around me in the last year.

Well, sunscreen is about as exciting as it gets around here at the moment, so I'll stop writing now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good... Emma is growing....Nyahaha

Blog Archive