Wednesday, June 07, 2006

a little more real

So far, the prospect of this trip has been fairly abstract. I'm excited and I'm nervous, but I've been experiencing those emotions in sort of a theoretical, cerebral way, as opposed to actually feeling them. But I got an email from E tonight giving M and me advice about getting from the airport to the place where we're staying, and it's becoming slightly more real that I'll be in India in less than 48 hours. Although I've been to South Asia before, I'm slowly getting the impression that India is a lot different than Sri Lanka, and there will be quite a few challenges (the first of which is to be assertive enough to not get ripped off by the taxi driver that takes us to the hotel from the airport).

But it's late, and I'm exhausted, so I better go to sleep. More tomorrow.

No comments:

Blog Archive