Wednesday, June 07, 2006

shoes


I've been having Muffin give me some advice on how to take better pictures. One of the first things he taught me is the rule of thirds, which is a compositional guideline that involves mentally dividing your frame into thirds using both vertical and horizontal lines, then placing your subject(s) at the points where the lines cross. I practiced with this picture of my shoes (I didn't pose them like that, I just tried to frame them in such a way as to create good composition), and I sort of like the way it turned out.

Nine hours left until I leave. I'm basically all ready to go. I bought a new backpack because one of the straps on the old one was about to rip off, and because I found one that was relatively cheap and has almost all the compartments and things I wanted. Also it's red, and how fun is that? I got it at this surplus store near Muffin's apartment. They also had long underwear, army fatigues, and pistol cases, but I didn't buy any of those things.

If I stumble across internet access en route, I'll post again. Otherwise, see you in India.

No comments:

Blog Archive