Thursday, August 03, 2006

DONE!

Our research is done. Yay! There are so many problems with it that I can't even think about it, but that doesn't matter, because we learned a lot, and it is done. (I feel like quoting Josh from the West Wing now: "...and while I'm not one to be selfish about credit, I think it's important to know that it is DONE and I DID it!"...oh, and M and E too.)

I took a nap this evening, which is a bad habit I've gotten into, because I wake up groggy and with a headache. I also threw up again today. But I feel okay. I suspect I just have some little bit of bacterial third-world badness floating around in my intestines, and I probably should have taken some cipro long ago to clear it up, but it's not bothering me much, and I've lost at least 15 pounds or so (woo hoo!), and I'm not in danger of wasting away, so I figure I'll just wait it out another week and get better when I get back to the states. It's funny, because I think I'm back down around my post-marathon weight, but I feel (and most likely am) really out of shape. I sweat a lot, which gives the deceptive illusion of exercise, but most days I do much less walking here than I would in SF, and of course I haven't gone running or anything like that. I'm actually looking forward to getting some exercise when I get home.

Anyway, I've got to run, but tomorrow we go to Mamalapuram for a final hurrah, and I will certainly post at more length there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY! for being done!!! =)

Anonymous said...

congratulations! i want to hear about what you learned in your research. call me when you're back in the states. :)

Anonymous said...

When my brother was on cipro, he was proscribed from consuming alcohol or caffeine. Not that you would have any desire to drink alcohol while in India, of course, but to give up coffee might hurt your productivity is all I was concerned about. So maybe it's better that you learn to love your new microfauna.

Incidentally, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Let us know when you're back in the states.

Anonymous said...

OK - when are you going to be hooooommmmmmmeeeeeee? (it's hard to type a whine... but you get the idea.)

Blog Archive