Monday, October 23, 2006

home again

Well, I have returned from a wonderful long weekend in Portland, and I'm currently sitting in a classroom at school waiting for my Monday night class to start and enjoying USF's wireless internet. My flight landed about 2 hours ago, and I had just enough time to drop by my apartment and get rid of one bag (the one not containing my laptop, notebook, and journal articles), then go by the cafeteria at school and grab a soda (no Dr. Pepper at USF, so I have to settle for a mixture of Barq's root beer and Mr. Pibb), then arrive to class early so that I can review my presentation before I have to give it in a little bit. Of course, I'm not actually doing that; I'm writing a blog entry. But I have a nine powerpoint slides, and I'm pretty sure that I can wing it from there.

Anyway, class is about to start, so I better go. FULL report on my Portland trip very soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You agreed to go to a graduate school where they don't serve Dr. Pepper? Jenn, this was a glaring oversight in your grad. program search!!!

Glad your trip home went well... look forward to hearing who had the cleanest appartment / cutest baby! ;)

Anonymous said...

Wait -- are you saying that Mr. Pibb + Barqs = Dr. Pepper? Does that mean that I can extract the Mr. Pibb from Dr. Pepper to get Barqs? If so, where do I put the Mr. Pibb?

jenn said...

n- you put the mr. pibb in a dark, scary place to punish it for trying unsuccessfully to imitate dr. pepper.

i'm saying that mr. pibb + barqs = something that tastes better than either just mr. pibb or just barqs.

r- you know, i didn't actually visit any of the schools i applied to (well, except NYU, but just to see S), and it's just as well, because i might have actually started considering things like whether or not dr. pepper was available, rather than, say, is the program good.

jenn said...

i noticed today that what USF has is actually something called "Pibb Xtra". i don't know what that's all about.

Anonymous said...

Is "Pibb Xtra" x-treme? So x-treme that it's lost both the hypen and the "Mr."? Or is it just a formality thing: "Pibb wants you to know that he's laid-back enough when parasailing/hang-gliding/whatevs that you can drop the whole 'Mr.' thing. Plus, Pibb works for his money."

Besides -- when did our culture decide that the e in an ex combination at the beginning of a word is itself xtra? I'll have to xamine this further. Perhaps I'll write some sort of xpository essay, if I'm ever able to find the xact answer to the question, and if the xactitude of that answer doesn't xacerbate my irritation with the xtremity of this trend.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Blog Archive