Tuesday, October 17, 2006

a glaring oversight

As far as I know, this blog has a small but loyal following. The vast majority of that following lives in the greater Portland Metropolitan Area. So when I returned from my last exciting and fun-filled trip to the best city in the world, I didn't blog about it because I figured that I shouldn't bore you more than usual by telling stories about things that most of you were there for.

However, given that I write this blog because I love to talk about myself, it ought to have occurred to me that people love to hear about themselves as well. So let me correct this injustice in two ways. First, by reiterating how freakin' excited I am to be going to Portland on Thursday. It easily beats out staying in SF to spend time with the not-travelling Dr. Wonderfulpants, Esq., and I think you kids know by now that that's saying something. Also, rest assured that upon my return you will get a full account of my adventures, which will be novel to at least my regular non-Portland readers B and N, and pleasurably self-indulgent to the rest of you. However, expect me to be brutally honest: if you did not clean your apartment in honor of my arrival, it will be noted for all to hear about! If your baby is not as cute as I remembered her being, I will say so! (Just kidding...please don't clean for me. And little M is an angel. So, by the way, is the precocious and adorable G, the 2-year-old daughter of A & A, who has become more charming and grown up than I could have imagined and whom I cannot wait to see).

Now that we've taken care of that little issue, I have to rush off to DWE's house so that I can use him for his free laundry.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what if someone's dog pees on your stuff? or jenny's apartment? did i tell you about otis peeing on matt's sleeping bag and shoes (and nearly on his head!) when we went camping?

Anonymous said...

I just think the alphabet soup of this post is hi-larious! And I'm only a loyal reader because I've been mentioned in the blog. Otherwise, whatever. ;)

Anonymous said...

I look forward to being regaled with fascinating tales of your misadventures on the high seas / outer space / Cannibal Island / the frontier!

Seriously, though -- if you run into Todd Haynes, tell him he should hurry up and make another movie...

Blog Archive