Sunday, November 19, 2006

my planty friends return

I'm happy to report that today was more productive than yesterday (a low hurdle to clear given how unproductive yesterday was, but still). I got a few things I needed at Target, and on the way there (it's a 30 minute BART ride) I did some reading for my looming 30 page paper. I pretty much know the gist of what the paper is going to say, so I'm not super-worried about it; on the other hand, I have to turn that "gist" into 30 pages of well-researched detail, which will take some time. I have a 6-hour train ride on Tuesday (too expensive to fly home around Thanksgiving), so presumably I can get some writing (or at the very least outlining) done then.

I also finally got my plants back from S, who was graciously taking care of them at his office while I was in India (and up until now, obviously). They thrived under S's care (although the one that I bought at Target seems basically immortal: I left it here without water for a month last Christmas break and it looked the same when I got home as it did when I left). The peace lily, which was a gift from B on the occassion of my dad's death (and therefore has quite a bit of sentimental value), is much more fickle, and it's looking big and green and happy. S probably watered it more than I used to (he also only gave it filtered water, and instructed me to do the same, but sentimental value or not, I can't live with a plant that's more high maintenance than I am). The lily needs to be repotted, but the logistics of buying potting soil and a big pot will have to wait for another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Honey... I love you, but there's no way that plant is more high-maintenance than you are!

Just consider the mashed potatoes referenced in your prior blog post. :P

Blog Archive