Thursday, January 11, 2007

68 down, 78 to go

I'm entering surveys like a madwoman now. I did 25 on Tuesday, 43 yesterday, and I'm going to see if I can do the last 78 today (yeah, it probably won't happen, but it's a nice fantasy).

Embarassing and annoying anecdote: I forgot that it was Wednesday yesterday and as a result I forgot to go the therapy. Embarassing because I don't know what day of the week it is. Annoying because I have to pay for a missed session anyway (and don't get reimbursed by insurance because I didn't actually go).

I hope the Portland contingent of my readership is staying warm on those 20-degree nights. DWE is currently in St. Helen's, insulating the water pipes in his house so that the water will actually stay hot between when it leaves the water heater and when it comes out of the shower head, which I'm sure his tenant would appreciate right about now. The overnight lows have been getting down into the 30s here, but I still have been sleeping with my windown halfway open (I'm telling you, that loft bed is like a freakin' oven). Friday it's supposed to get down to 31, so we'll see how that goes.

It's data entry time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i didn' know about water freezing in pipes when i first bought my house (being from southern california and all...) so i didn't check to make sure my pipes were insulated and i didn' leave the faucet on drip (another way to keep the water from freezing in the pipes), so the water did freeze during that winter 2003/04 snow storm and i spent an entire morning one morning in the crawl space under my house with a space heater plugged in, wearing my ski clothes, drinking beer, and blow-drying the pipes to help them thaw.

jenn said...

mj--you know what i love about you? there's virtually no situation, good or bad, that you can't successfully complement with beer.

Anonymous said...

heehee! like being snowed in from work yesterday and getting a chance to catch up on filing and stuff (my boss said bring work home just in case, so i did), while sitting in my pajamas on the living room floor with a warm puppy and some beer! guess it's a good thing i'm marrying a brewer... :)

Blog Archive