Monday, January 08, 2007

the not-so-cute couple

JSOC took some pictures when I dragged DWE to the Pig and Whistle last semester, and he just emailed them to me. It turns out that we're not the two most photogenic people in the world, but I'm foisting our somewhat homely cuteness upon y'all anyway.

Speaking of DWE, I found out something scandalous: he can't swim! He has a moderate and self-described "irrational" fear of the water (this all goes back to a traumatic swim lesson experience in the second grade, apparently). Having all sorts of irrational fears myself, I have neither the desire nor the standing to criticize this particular trait, especially since it sounds like he's willing to work on it. On the other hand, I'll probably end up snorkling by myself, or hopefully with some friendly strangers.


Me and DWE. If he were capable of looking at the camera, he would look quite handsome. That monkey on his shirt creeps me out, though.


Me looking terribly cute with JSOC, who was apparently pretending to be full of ennui.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwwww... precious!

T is said...

I can't swim for the same reason! so cut him a little slack.

Anonymous said...

put me in your suitcase and i'll snorkel with you :) i'm so excited for you to take this trip. take pictures!

jenn said...

t--don't worry, i'm cutting him lots of slack, since i'm afraid of tons of stuff (i'm afraid of scuba diving, which is why i want to go snorkeling). i guess i just found it really surprising, because he seems all fearless and manly, and it's like, "what? you have a phobia of getting water up your nose? really?" but manly people are afraid of stuff too, i suppose, just like the rest of us.

mj--i promise to take lots of pictures.

Anonymous said...

By the way - call me and tell me who the heck JSOC is.... I have no idea!

Blog Archive