Friday, July 06, 2007

not much new

This post probably won't be informative in any significant way, other than to assert that things are still fine, all things considered. I am in Accra this weekend and will go to the embassy on Monday morning to get the ball rolling on my new passport. Hopefully it will be ready by Friday (a week from today) because I'm hoping to fly out of here on Friday or Saturday. In theory I'm still doing one or two minor things for my adviser, but other than that I'm just hanging around trying to get things in order and not be too much of an emotional drag on Al or Mel. We're staying with a Ghanaian family this weekend in Accra (the family of the 3rd IDEC student working with Al and Mel), so that will give me a chance to try a couple of the traditional dishes I haven't had yet and attempt to leave this place with some semblance of a positive attitude.

I appreciate how sweet and supportive you all have been, and getting to see everyone sooner is a nice consolation in an otherwise crappy situation (how soon, I don't know...I'm going to want to stay put for a little bit, even if it's in Bakersfield, and then who knows how long until my mother lets me out of her sight again).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, hope your passport thing is proceeding well and all. Keep us updated. I hope you won't mind a visitor down in Bakersfield/San Fran, becasue I'm going to have to come visit you. : )

Rebel said...

Were you able to get your Passport replaced?

Blog Archive