Wednesday, October 17, 2007

why i haven't posted pictures recently

Rebel claims that she's boycotting my blog until I post pictures of my "new" apartment (of course, she also claims that when we lived together I used to sit around in nothing but my bath towel for hours on end, and clearly I would never do something like that, so do we really believe her?). In an effort to woo her back, I just took a bunch of pictures of my apartment using my sister-in-law's camera, which is the only camera that I currently possess (my old one was stolen in Ghana, as you may recall). I realized just now that my dear sis did not give me the cord that hooks the camera to the computer, so I can't upload the pictures. Sorry Rebel. I tried. (And I can post pictures this weekend when I go home to Bakersfield.)

I have the mood lighting going on in my apartment right now, which means a "fire" (aka Duraflame log) in the fireplace and all the candles lit. Candle and fire light are neat when you have wood floors, because the floors are shiny and reflect the flickering light. This is the first time I've ever had wood floors, and the first time I've ever had a fireplace (excluding the house I grew up in, which always had a fireplace, and has had a few rooms with wood floors since I was in college). This is also the first apartment I've had with a bay window, which is noteworthy because bay windows were one of those things that I always wanted when I was a kid.

Anyway, I'll post pictures of all of these things as soon as I can.

2 comments:

marissa said...

real fires are warmer and less poisonous...and they crackle...

ok, i'm just jealous of your fireplace. my sucky house doesn't have one. :(

Rebel said...

oh fine! But you still need to go get a cable and upload some pictures!

Blog Archive