Monday, October 16, 2006

sleeping weirdness and the stupid picture board

My sleeping habits are all jacked up for some reason, so I took two long naps during the day yesterday and then stayed up until 5:30 a.m. I did actually manage to make some progress on the econ picture board (which, if I haven't mentioned, is this boring chore that I should have finished two weeks ago), and if I make a little more then I can actually go in and start posting picture and then I can stop hiding from the department secretary (aka my boss). I should really have the whole thing done before I leave for Portland (Thursday morning! Yay!) but we'll see how that goes.

DWE is out of town right now on a business trip (this is a very common occurrence) and I'll just get to see him briefly on Wednesday night after class before I go out of town (the one weekend he's not on a business trip this month is the weekend I'm in Portland...but don't get me wrong, I'm still really glad I'm going and wouldn't go back and change it if I could). But considering how well we seem to be hitting it off, I think it's good that the time we're able to spend together is limited by circumstance.

Didn't end up seeing McDreamy this weekend, so I hope he's doing okay. He wrote an obituary for Rain (I know this because he emailed it to his friends), which was probably very therapeutic. I remember after Benna died (okay, fine, after I accidentally killed her) I wrote a poem about it and it made me feel slightly better.

Okay, I need to literally go put some names with faces now so that I can slap them up on the stupid picture board and feel like slightly less of a slacker. Oh, and I'm about half a journal article away from actually having done ALL my reading for class tonight, which is exciting and somewhat novel.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for doing your reading. Now you can be Mrs. Smartysmartpants when you get to class. Not that you aren't usually... but I always got a certain smug satisfaction when I would go to class completely prepared, and I actually knew what the professor was talking about.

I however, have yet to read through chapter 3 of my Spanish book... so I'll be going to class completely unprepared today after missing class last week. It's a no credit class though... so I'm not terribly worried.

Anonymous said...

PS - Benna, may she rest in pease, was the least creepy rat I ever met.

Anonymous said...

Peace!!!! Sorry.

Anonymous said...

benna was a good rat. so was her brother gus, who died of a tragic cheeseburger-and-sex-induced heart attack. what was their mom's name again? i liked her too. wasn't she blind?

speaking of pets, i called animal control today (to tell them that my dog's name is otis, not pepper, and to tell them that they got my phone number wrong on his registration), and i got a recording that said "you've reached multnomah county animal services. the office is currently closed. if your call is about a hurt or injured stray animal, A DOG ATTACKING RIGHT NOW, or livestock in the road WITHIN MULTNOMAH COUNTY, please dial 911. otherwise call back between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm." it was just funny how it sounded with the guy's tone of voice. it was all matter-of-fact and business-y except when he talked about the dog attacking and what county the livestock needed to be in if they were in the road. then he was all panic-y sounding, as if the dog were attacking HIM right now or the livestock were about to cross the county line into clackamas and be lost forever.

jenn said...

mj- the mom's name was harriet. i don't think she was blind.

dude, what's the number for animal control? i want to hear that recording. and i'm going to start calling your dog "pepper".

Anonymous said...

503-988-7387...thanks for reminding me i need to call them during the correct hours :)

Anonymous said...

shoot! i just called them, and it's a much less panic-y woman now...maybe that's the "work hours" voice.. but then i dialed "0" and nothing happened...

Blog Archive