Saturday, May 12, 2007

update

I'm back, and there's lots to report from the past week:
  • The thesis is absolutely, officially done. I was officially "passed" (actually, I got a "pass with honors"), meaning that no more revisions are required and everyone is happy and I can graduate and stuff.
  • Ghana dates and details have been firmed up a bit. I'll be there from approximately June 14th to September 14th (will probably be buying the tickets tonight). I'm excited to be there for 3 solid months, and will probably need all that time to accomplish what my advisor would like me to do. The downside is that I will miss MJ's wedding, which is a huge disappointment, but I suppose I'm starting to have something that may someday resemble a career, and that a few sacrifices may have to be made.
  • All I have left, school-wise, is my macro final on Tuesday. I'm so over school that I can barely bring myself to study.
  • I was nominated for that "Best IDEC Student" award (not the actual name of the award), along with E, H, and JSOC (and another girl in our program that we don't know that well). This works out nicely, because the overwhelming likelihood is that someone that I like a lot will win the award. And I'm happy enough just putting on my resume that I was a "finalist" for it, so it's okay if it's not me (my predicted winner: JSOC).

Okay, I guess I didn't have that much to report. And DWE is looking for my Ghana ticket for me, so I should probably be paying more attention to him. More soon.

1 comment:

Rebel said...

Well, we know you're really the best student... nobody brown-noses like you Jenn. ;)

I was assigned my student today! She's from East Africa... so maybe I'll come visit you in Ghana (which I know is in the west... but still - same continent!). How cool are we?

Blog Archive